UPSC CDS 2019 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern
UPSC CDS 2019 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
Combined Defence Services (CDS 2019) examination will be conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for providing admission to candidates in Indian Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy, Officers’ Training Academy and Air Force Academy. The CDS exam is conducted twice in a year. The Online Application for CDS 1 will be started from 8th November 2018 whereas the application form for CDS 2 will be available from 8th August 2019. Read the following article to get all the important information about CDS 2019 like Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Exam Pattern, Admit and Result etc.
CDS 2019 Important Dates
|Events||For CDS 1||For CDS 2|
|Official Notification||31st October 2018||12th June 2019|
|The application process starts from||31st October 2018||12th June 2019|
|Closing date for application process||26th November 2018||8th July 2019|
|Admit card will be issued on||January 2019||October 2019|
|Examination Date||3rd February 2019||8th September 2019|
|Result will be announced on||May 2019||Notified later|
CDS 2019 Application Form
The selection process starts with the submission of the application form. The application will be available on the official website of UPSC. Applicants will have to fill all the necessary information and personal details in the application form. Candidates will have to upload the scanned photo and signature, after filling all the personal and educational details in the application form.
CDS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be an Indian National and should not be married. For Officers’ Training Academy the age limit is 25 years.
- For INA, IMA, AFA courses the age of candidates should lies b/w 20 to 24 years.
- Candidate should possess a degree in Engineering with physics and mathematics at 10+2 level from recognized university/ institutions.
- Candidates must be physically fit as per the prescribed criteria of Combined Defence Services Examination.
- The application fee will be of Rs. 200 favor the candidates of general category. The Reserved category candidate will get the exemption from the fee.
CDS 2019 Exam Pattern
- The written exam will be organized in offline mode.
- The paper will comprise questions from Elementary Mathematics, English, and General Knowledge subjects.
- There will be a negative marking in this entrance exam.
- For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy:
The total marks allotted for the written examination for admission to IMA, INA and AFA is 300 marks.
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy:
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
The written examination for admission to officers training academy will be of 200 marks.
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
CDS 2019 Admit Card
- The admit card will be released through online mode only. No Admit Card will be sent to the applicants via post.
- In order to download their admit card for CDS 2019, candidates should visit the official website. For Interview/Personality Test the commission will issue separate Admit Card.
- The CDS exam will be held across 41 cities/towns in the country.
- On the basis of the first-apply-first-serve basis, the distribution of examination centers will be done. Candidates are recommended to apply on early basis so that they could get an examination centre of their choice.
CDS 2019 Result
The result will be announced in two phases i.e. written exam and SSB/interview result. Candidates who qualify the written exam will be further called for SSB/Personality test.
CDS 2019 Answer Key
- Candidates can check the answer key released by UPSC after the completion of exam those who successfully appeared in the entrance exam.
- They can also download the answer key from the official website of the commission.
CDS 2019 Selection Process
Selection of candidates will be based on some important components such as Written Exam, Personal Interview, Document verification and Medical report of the candidates.
- The Syllabus will be prepared by UPSC.
- Candidates planning to appear in the exam should go through the Syllabus carefully. The examination syllabus helps the candidates while their preparation.
Section Wise Topics
- Sentence Arrangement
- Spotting Errors Questions
- Selecting Words Synonyms & Antonyms Comprehension
- Questions Ordering of Sentence
- Fill in the blanks questions
- Vocabulary Preparation
- Indian Constitution Latest
- Current Affairs
- Indian Economy Indian History
- Indian Politics
- Indian Geography Religions
- Indian Navy & Military Universities
- Banking Sector
- Books & Authors
- Sports – Awards etc.
Tips to Prepare for CDS 2019
- Develop a reading habit. Reading different sorts of media, like magazines, newspapers, blogs, notes, etc. help to enhance the vocabulary as well as the understanding of practical English.
- Take online mock tests to improve the answering ability.
- Try and use the words in the list in different scenarios and sentences. Make a list of all the new words and their meanings.
Physical and Medical Exam
- The weight and height of the candidate must be on a standard scale.
- Candidate must get a full body checkup before appearing for the exam to make sure they do not have any type of illness or disease.
- Regular and proper exercise and training is important.
- A well-honed communication skill is crucial, as the thoughts can be expressed in better and more suitable words.
- Stay confident. It is natural to be nervous or anxious, but a candidate must be able to express his/her thoughts as beautifully as possible.
- Be updates and in touch with the latest and interesting happenings around the globe. It is imperative to be respectful and humble.
- Think before you speak and act like you are already an Officer.
Last Week Strategy to Prepare for CDS 2019
- Although the last weeks can be a chaotic time, a calm and panned approach is all that is needed. Make small and useful notes. The notes should be to the point and should act like a summary of what has been studied.
- The exam has negative marking for each incorrect answer. So, guesswork should be avoided.
- Time management is crucial. The CDS exam is a time based exam which gives candidates about a minute to attempt each question. Not only the knowledge, but swiftness in using that knowledge is important.
- Taking online mock test is helpful.
NB: This upcomimg vacancy is expected to be released on above given dates. We are not liable if it does not release or any mismatch with the official notification. Please check official website regularly for further updates.
75 total views, 2 views today