UPSC CAPF AC 2019 Application form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern
CAPF AC Examination (Central Armed Police Force) is conducted by UPSC for the posts of Assistant Commandants. The written examination of CAPF AC is organized to recruit the eligible and best candidates in Group A (Assistant Commandants) which includes BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, and SSB. Read the following article to get all the important information about UPSC CAPF AC 2019 like Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Exam Pattern, Admit and Result etc.
UPSC CAPF AC 2019 Important Updates
- UPSC CAPF AC 2019 Application Process will be started from 24th April 2019. Candidates can Click Here to apply online.
UPSC CAPF AC 2019 Overview
|EXAM NAME||UPSC CAPF AC 2019 (Central Armed Police Force)|
|CONDUCTING BODY||Union Public Service Commission|
|EXAM TYPE||Central Level Recruitment|
|RECRUITS FOR||Group A (Assistant Commandants) including BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, and SSB.|
|MODE OF Exam||Offline Mode|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||Paper-1: 125, Paper- 2: 7|
|TOTAL MARKS||Paper- 1: 250, Paper-2: 200|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||Paper-1: MCQ (Multiple Choice Question), Paper-2: Descriptive Type Questions|
|EXAM DURATION||Paper-1: 2 Hours, Paper 2: 3 Hours|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||Bachelor’s degree|
|EXAM DATE||18th August 2019 (Sunday)|
UPSC CAPF AC 2019 Important Dates
|The application form will be available from||24th April 2019|
|Last date to fill application form||4th May 2019|
|Examination date||18th August 2019|
|The announcement of Result||September 2019|
|A personal interview will be held on||November 2019|
UPSC CAPF AC 2019 Application Form
Candidates who are interested can apply for CAPF 2018 via online mode from the official website of UPSC. There is no other mode to submit the application form except online. The application form will commence from April 2018 tentatively. Candidates are advised to fill the application form with all the required details correctly and best to their knowledge. After completing the application form, candidate should take a printout of the application form and keep it safe with you till the process is over.
- A candidate requires holding a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University.
- Candidate must satisfy mentioned physical standards as prescribed by the CAPF.
- A candidate who is healthy enough to satisfy all the physical standards for height, eyesight and general health is eligible for appearing in the CAPF examination.
- Application Fee can be paid via net banking, debit/credit card.
- Candidates have to pay Rs.200/- as application fee.
- The application fee is exempted for SC/ST category and female candidates.
- The application fee will not be refunded in any case.
- UPSC CAPF AC 2019 selection procedure will include three stages.
- Candidates will be considered eligible to reach at the final stage of selection process those who qualify the written examination, physical & medical examination and Physical Efficiency Test (PET & PI).
Paper I – General Ability and Intelligence (Objective type questions)
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|Total number of questions||125|
|Language||Hindi & English|
Paper II – General Studies, Essay & Comprehension (Descriptive type questions)
|Type of questions||Descriptive type questions|
|Total number of questions||7|
|Total marks||200 marks|
|Negative marking||Yes, 1/3rd marks will be deducted for each incorrect response|
Marks according to Procedure
|Paper I||250 Numbers|
|Paper II||200 Numbers|
|Physical and Medical Test|
|Aspects||Of Male||Of Female|
|Height||165 cms||157 cms|
|Chest||81 cms (86 cms expanded)||–|
|Weight||50 kg||46 kg|
Note: Pregnant female candidates are not allowed during PET.
Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
|100 mt. race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 mt. race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 mt. (3 chances)||3.0 mt. (3 chances)|
|Shot-put (7.26 kgs)||4.5 mt.||–|
- From the official website of authority, applicants can download the admit card.
- The authority will release the UPSC CAPF AC 2019 admit card at least 10 to 15 days prior the commencement of examination.
Agartala, Shillong, Delhi, Gangtok, Chandigarh, Madurai, Panaji (Goa), Kochi, Udaipur, Ahmedabad, Shimla, Dharwad, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Patna, Kohima, Vishakhapatnam, Aizawl, Srinagar, Dispur, Imphal, Cuttack, Nagpur, Port Blair, Kolkata, Sambalpur, Allahabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Bhopal, Itanagar, Dehradun, Jorhat, Raipur, Lucknow, Bareilly, Bangalore, Tirupati, Jammu, Jaipur, Ranchi
- The result of the UPSC CAPF AC 2019 Exam will be published on official website of the UPSC and is expected to be announced in the month of September 2019.
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of written exam will have to go through physical endurance test followed by medical test.
- Final result will be announced accordingly.
- The cut-off marks will be decided by the commission.
- To qualify for the exam, candidates have to score the minimum cut off marks.
UPSC CAPF AC 2019 Syllabus
For Paper 1 (General Ability & Intelligence)
- Current Events of National & International Importance: Awareness of current events of national & international importance in the broad areas of governance, societal & developmental issues, industry, business, culture, music, arts, literature, sports, globalisation, & the interplay among nations.
- General Science: General awareness, scientific temper, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, comprehension & appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation like Information Technology.
- General Mental Ability: Logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude, numerical ability & data interpretation.
- History of India: Areas of growth of nationalism & freedom movement, Social, economic & political aspects of History.
- Indian Polity & Economy: Regional & International security issues & human rights including its indicators, Knowledge of the Country’s political system & the Constitution of India, social systems & public administration, economic development in India.
- Indian & World Geography: Physical, social & economic aspects of geography pertaining to India & the World
For Paper 2 (General Studies, Essay & Comprehension)
- Part A: Essay questions which are to be answered in the long narrative form either in Hindi or English among the topics as Geography, polity & economy, knowledge of security & human rights issues, modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, & analytical ability.
- Part B: Comprehension, précis writing & other communications/language among the topics as simple grammar & other aspects of language testing, Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments.
NB: This upcomimg vacancy is expected to be released on above given dates. We are not liable if it does not release or any mismatch with the official notification. Please check official website regularly for further updates.
201 total views, 1 views today